HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:10 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Would you be interested in racing ?
Yes 100%  100%  [ 3 ]
No 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
 Post subject: HAPPY EASTER
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:29 pm 

Have a Happy Easter everyone! Perhaps some of us can set up a time for a nostalgic couple of races? If so, msg me an alternative way to contact you, email, facebook, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:24 am 

I was thinking about a way to contact everyone (as many old racers as we can find) somehow... An e-mail list might be nice or so. Then I thought, Austin must have contact info of most. Still though, that's a single point of failure from a bus-drivers perspective :P so it would be better to have it (semi-)public.

Then I thought that the PHRA might be something, and that many people will have contact info filled in on this forum. Austin could send a mass-mail to everyone to ask them to confirm the contact info if they ever wish to be contacted about racing. The list of contact info (optionally with usernames) should be visible to all (or at least a number of) members of the list somehow... A private board on this forum perhaps?

Anyway, to organize a race the best chance is to contact Austin on MSN I think. Or maybe he reads private messages here, but I'm not sure about that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 am 

That would be a good idea, but we would have to figurenout how to correct the fact that we were not able to race together before. I am not sure what the fix would be to that problem. Austin is on FB so I can contact him anytime. hover race has a fan page on FB but I do not know how many people frequently look at it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:51 pm 

Oh that's right, the connection problems... Well we could always use an old version and join Hamachi, no? If I remember correctly that has always worked. Or maybe a new version with hamachi... Stuff for later anyway, I'm quite sure it's possible.

I never have a look at the Hoverrace Facebook page, and I don't think many do. Contacting people directly (by mail or posting to their facebook page or msn or anything) is probably the only real way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:55 pm 

We will have to try that. When would be a good time for you? I know we are in different time sons, it is currently 5:00 pm EST here. I am free all day tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:47 am 

Let's use GMT, that's easier for both I think ;)
I can be online at: friday between 17:30 and 23:00, saturday between 11:00 and 23:00, or sunday between 11:00 and 21:00.

How about saturday at 21:00? (In GMT, that would be 11PM here. Use http://83.161.210.237 to check my current time.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:19 pm 

No reply and it'd be in 40mins, so I assume not tonight then. Tomorrow won't be possible (bday party). During weekdays I can be on from 17:15 till 21:00 (so not "let's at 21:00" because that is the moment I have to go :P).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 4:41 pm 

I think Austin added pretty much everyone on Facebook at some point, so he should be able to find quite a few people still.