HOVERRACE.COM: fast - fun - free

HoverRace is an open-source 3D racing game.
It is currently Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:04 pm 
Site Admin

I've been working on the source a bit and I've put a little bit of work into it, and although I'm not great at C++. Here's what I did manage to do...

Spelling fixes.
Track limit removed (I hope).
5 times faster IMR refresh (changed from 1000ms to 200ms).
Chat repositioned and resized to allow for 6 lines of chat (8 lines with F6), also full display of the players times/hits with F5.
Bigger chat capacity, you can now type up to 120 characters in chat, compared to the old 70.
Removed the +/- key functionality for resizing the margin; it can now be used in chat (5-2 to Austin in the hockey :D)
Ingame lap and race times now show thousandths of a second, rather than hundredths, only the top display uses hundredths now.
Increased the max clients from 8 to 9 (which increases the total players from 9 to 10) allowing the X #10 craft to be used (if we ever get 10 in a race ;)).
Changed the intro message to inform the user as to what clicking OK will do when prompted to use 256 color.
Using "HoverRace.com" in the Help dropdown will now take you to the site and not give an error.

Here are some screenshots of the chat and current positions display and the 10 players ingame.

As far as releasing this as 1.22b.3 goes, I don't know quite what the rest of the developers think of that, nor what else might change in the next 24 hours :P, so there won't be a patch or install just yet.

You can get this source from the SVN repository though :).